Sunday, April 5, 2009

Another Roadtrip Sunday

What was originally on the family's agenda:
Deliver food to aunt's place, breakfast out

What happened ultimately:
All the above, islandwide search for brother's shoes, discovery of quaint places.

Sundays remind me totally why I am adamant that it should be my family day. There is this peaceful, quiet nature that lingers in the air. Ok so the places we went: Beach road, Queensway, and a few other places all within 5 hours. The weather started out hot, then booming thunder and heavy rain, and then when the rain stopped, the air was crisp, light and fresh. I'd like to fill my lungs up with it.

I'd like to punch myself for always not bringing the camera out; but then again, the plans always fan out to be something different. Today we found ourselves exploring a quaint little abandoned part of Rochester Road if I got it correct. A district of black and white colonial houses all deserted, tucked away quietly in the greenery. A flock of brilliantly colored birds fly around the area: glistening emerald and blue.

And then, a little distance more we found ourselves at Portsdown and Wessex Village and I fell in love with that place. It's like utopia. It doesn't even look like it's in Singapore. I miss it already! All the black and white colonial houses too, mostly occupied by artists. I'd like to explore the whole area, it might be tiring on foot. Wish I had a vintage Vespa to go around there. All the little kids jumping on huge trampolines, tyre swings. There's a lovely restaurant area there, quiet, serene, peaceful. We're going back to try one day yay!

Can't wait to go back there with family, and hopefully with Drool too. Could envisage myself on the skyblue vintage Vespa with camera in tow! Or in a quaint Mini Cooper. Or in something that can put the roof down. Or in his I-don't-know-what-he-wants but then I'd want to roll the windows down to soak in the wonderful weather.

Byebye Sunday! Hello Monday): Thankfully it's a shortie week!