Saturday, April 18, 2009

Volleyball IS a part of me

That was something that I realised very clearly today. It's something I love doing, I feel comfortable doing, I feel the want to make it work. Anyway, this is the most exciting part of my volleyball life till date and I feel everything is just.. Falling into place :)

TPJC Friendly: A good game the day before the season starts to get us warmed-up and ready!

CJC: We won 2-0 and the feeling was amazing. When we won a point, there seems to be some mysterious force that throws us together in the middle of the court. And the hug was solid, assuring and energy-giving. Even as we cheer, I could hear the rest of the team cheering as well! And it felt comforting to know that they are supporting you as you take your place to serve. During time-outs, water, towels, encouraging words, squeezes and pats are handed out. There and then, I know that it's the best team that I have ever been in. It's a privilege, to be part of this wonderful family :)

International Khakis Friendly: We won 4-2! They were all so tall and really diverse in races! Japanese, Chinese, European/American/Australian and probably some were mixed too. It was an eye-opener for me really, some of their balls were really steep because of their height. It felt really good to block their balls or spike a point :) I have more to learn, naturally and I have to absorb and execute all the advice within such a short time so I can have more breakthroughs one after another. Slowly building up!