Saturday, April 25, 2009

100%

I saw a gay couple on the way to the MRT. They briefly held hands then they let go. One was an African I deduce, he was wearing some Africany prints shirt; the other was a Caucasian if my memory doesn't fail me. While they were walking by, I heard the African say: They don't understand us. His partner replied: You can't expect them to understand us.

I felt that was touching and sad at the same time. They are living in a world that casts a judgmental eye on them. I guess love exists in so many forms. I just wonder why some can be valued less than others.

We're into the 2nd round of the season and that is really good news. Last year we crashed into the A'div scene and people were wondering what a secondary school is doing there. This year we crashed and crushed and I think people are thinking we're a force to be reckoned with.

Reaching the end of this amazing journey real soon, I can't imagine what is going to come after so I'm not going to think about it yet. But nearing the ending point I realised something. That the trophy is truly all but a mere symbol, a keepsake memento. What I really want is to end this journey on a high note; that the following matches we'll play the best ones ever. Because we'll not only feel that our goal of playing in a different style and league has been reached -- the ultimate goal will come naturally, the thing we all want, will come naturally with it.

C'mon guys, nothing less than more more more sweat at the final (really final) lap these weeks to come. No more regrets already ok!