Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Better when we're together

The beginning will always be tough and rocky no? The reason I realised why I can be fearless on court this year is because I know there still are the people whose names I clutch in my hand with me. Our history is still unwritten, a huge part of it. This is what keeps me going and going. So given a blank slate, make the best out of it.

I am totally possessed by the game now and can't seem to express myself properly in words. But here's something that is so true for me, from Wenxin's blog:

It's real simple.
You got two more quarters and that's it.
Now most of you have been playing this game for ten years.
You got two more quarters and after that most of you will never play this game again as long as you live.


You all have known me for a while and for a long time now
you have been hearing me talk about being perfect.
Well, I want you to understand something.
To me, being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there.
It's not about winning.
It's about you and your relationship to yourself and
your family and your friends.


Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye,
and know that you did not let them down.

Because you told them the truth and that truth is that you did everything you could have.
There isn't one more thing you could have done.
Can you live in that moment?

It's best you can with clear eyes and love in your heart-- with joy in your heart.
If you can do that, gentlemen, then you're perfect.
I want you to take a moment and look each other in the eyes.
I want you to put each other in your hearts forever.
Because forever's about to happen here in just a few minutes.


---Halftime Speech by Coach Gary Gaines to the Permian Panthers High School Football Team during the Texas State Championships, Houston Astrodome, 1988, as depicted in the movie Friday Night Lights

**

I'm to fight till the end! We all are. And we're not going to slacken until the fight ends us :D Glory to DHS and DHSVB!