Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mummy's Day!

Dear Mummy,


You are a great cook, though we sometimes become your guinea pigs for your new exotic recipes. But you have the ability to make a superb sauce or midnight snack from just ingredients in the fridge. You are totally wacky and you amuse me when you bob your head to the music while shopping in shops hahaha. You look way below your age! And it's such a wonderful thing to be able to shop for clothes, buy them, and share with you as well! It's a treasure trove, your wardrobe! I think you are more hip than I am :D (Though I still don't understand your mustard flats!!)
You have always groomed me to be a lady -- Walk in a straight line, straight posture, shoulders back, perfect dining etiquette.. But I think I failed in all those hahaha. I will retrain myself and address your gripes about me being too rough, too manly, too .. unladyish :D

I feel special sometimes, because of your special background. Imagine! I'd miss out on all the glorious Indonesian food that appears on the table every meal. I'd miss out on hearing the nice Indonesian language and the Khek dialect when Grandma comes to visit. Oh on that.. Meet my newest family member!!

Hello meet my new cousin Brian Tjendra! I hope he comes to Singapore soon. He looks super adorable! (In a damn nice Osh Kosh jacket bah)

I digress, but thank you Mummy for being the best I could ever ask for! For being quirky, for forcing me to eat vitamins and forcing me to do the things I hate but it's "for my own good". Thank you for never putting pressure on me and always being able to protect and allay my fears. I remember those horrendous young days when I was paranoid about the police catching me -.- For putting up with my crazy antics and thoughts. Like when I all of a sudden on the spur of the moment asked her to cut my fringe today. It's neither here nor there now cos there was miscommunication but I don't really care actually, I just want it cut haha.

Happy Mama's Day!! I love you Mummy :D